Old July 25th 06, 07:45 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
Al Klein Al Klein is offline

Default You're not a real ham if you never took or passed a Code test.

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:34:17 -0400, "J. D. B."
wrote:

Really? My other hobby is model trains and I have never seen a rift in
model trains in 45 years.

So which is *really* the best gauge to model? Is it okay if you buy
kits, or aren't you a real rail hobbyist unless you make at least all
your cars from scratch? Or do you have to build your own engines from
scratch too? Etc., etc.