Old July 25th 06, 05:36 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
H. Adam Stevens, NQ5H H. Adam Stevens, NQ5H is offline

Default You're not a real ham if you never took or passed a Code test.

In 1964 I passed the 13 WPM test on the first try at the Dallas FCC office.
I was 14. There are plenty who can top that, I'm sure.

The rulemakers "stabbed themselves in the back with their own ballpoints"
(To quote an article from Electronics World in 1962.) when they created CB.
But, as said article went on to point out, the industry needed a shot in the
arm. That article has stuck in my head to this day.

This isn't about creating the best operators, it's about selling the most
junk and having the most votes.

73
H.
NQ5H