Old July 26th 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
David G. Nagel David G. Nagel is offline

Default neighborhood antenna restrictions

Rayburn wrote:

Copper and aluminum Gutters work great!...If they only run across the front
and back of the house you can connect them with a small wire across the roof
to make for a nice long antenna!

For example I'm hooked to the bottom of a downspout near the ground on my 3
story home....about 28 feet up the guttering starts and runs 25 feet across
the back of the house......I connected a wire across the roof (60 feet long)
to the end of the front gutter thats the same height and length.

166 feet of antenna in the shape of an upside down U !

I buried a couple of ground radials next to a fence for 160...80....40 and
added a few short ones for 20 /15 and 10 about an inch deep in the
yard.....works great with a tuner and is fantastic on the L and AM bands for
reception as well!

Other than a small 4 inch length of coax behind the house next to the garage
door.....Its invisible!
wrote in message
ups.com...

Help. I've been licensed since 1967, but I haven't been active for
about 20 years. I just bought a FT-101EE with a Cushcraft R4 vertical
antenna, however there are restrictions in my subdivision about
antennas. I'm thinking my best bet may be a long wire between my house
and a neighbor's tree with a tuner. I know this is an ago old battle,
any ideas for an inconspicuous HF antenna?

Congress just passed and the President signed a Federal Law that stops
the CC&R cops from prohibiting flying the American Flag on your
property. This means you can have a flag pole (antenna).

Dave WD9BDZ