Old September 9th 03, 11:24 PM

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:07:00 -0500, "Clif Holland"
wrote:

Just my opinion, but anyone who uses a walkie-talkie for a crossband
repeater is asking for a repair bill. None of the talkies have enough
heatsink to support much over a 20% duty cycle and repeater service would
be 100%.

There are three power selections for the TH-F6A. If you select the
lower two, you can transmit pretty much continuously. If the HT is up
high enough, the height will compensate nicely for the low power.

But, I wasn't planning to use an HT for this; since I have the TH-F6A
anyway, I was hoping I could just use it for some feaibility
experiments,

Rick WA1RKT