Old September 10th 03, 11:28 PM

In article ,
wrote:

In article ,
"Bob Cook" wrote:

I have just bought a new Icom 706 mk II G. I believe the standard ssb
bandwidth filter is 2.4 khz.

Icom offers two optional ssb filters, (2.8 khz and 1.9 khz).

I'm curious what the consensus is re the advisability of changing to the 1.9
khz filter.

Or perhaps there is a artical or reference discussing the question.

Thanks,

Bob K9KKY

Visit us he www.Ocean-Pro.com
Atlantic & Pacific Weather Routing,
Offshore Sailing Instruction, Deliveries

I have both narrow SSB filters in my 775. I don't use them much. I
think you can do quite well with the passband tuning and the SSB filters
that comes standard in the 775, but if you have some money you want to
spend then go for it.

775 is a great radio, stock.

73
Dale K9VUJ

Please excuse me, I misread your post regarding your 706 not 775. Sorry.

Dale, K9VUJ
--
e has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
Sir Winston Churchill