Old September 11th 03, 12:13 AM
Fred McKenzie

Does anybody know of a 5 or 6 KHz wide AM filter
for the Icom 706mkiig rig?

Leland-

There is an FL-102, 6 KHz 9 MHz IF AM filter listed in an old catalog for the
IC-775DSP. AES has it still listed, but as discontinued. Since this radio
uses some of the same 9 MHz filters, it might be possible the FL-102 would be
compatible with the IC-706 if a) you can find a place to put it, and b) you can
find a way to select it while in AM mode.

I have the original IC-706 with a narrow sideband filter installed. When in AM
mode, it is possible to select a "NAR" filter, but I'm not sure if it is
choosing the stock SSB filter, or the optional narrow SSB filter. I suspect it
is using the stock filter, but haven't done a test to find out.

I suppose the easiest case would be if the FL-102 fits in place of your
original AM filter.

73, Fred, K4DII