Old July 26th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steve Steve is offline

Default IBOC Crap News

David Eduardo wrote:
"Michael Lawson" wrote in message

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
.com...

"Michael Lawson" wrote in message
.

I'm still waiting on that one happening. There are still
plenty of people out there who haven't bought their
new digital TV yet, technological improvement or not.

No Congressman wants to be seen as blowing off a
big constituency like the elderly on a fixed income
who can't afford the new sets; Congress will keep
extending the deadline until enough old televisions
have died off to make it practical.

Aside from that, the way other prices have been rising
lately I don't think that people will be putting a digital
converter or a digital television at the top of their "to
purchase" list anytime soon.

They have developed a plan to provide digital cable converters to

anyone for
free. Makes old sets totally usable via downconversion of digital to

analog.

That'll be interesting, but they have to fund it and
advertise it first. I can't see the big box stores being
too thrilled about it, either, since it means that the
people who might consider upgrading their television
now will wait for the freebie.

It is federally funded. The government needs the revenue from the vacated
spectrum.

Yes, but you're still BUSTED.