Old July 26th 06, 11:05 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
Jack Ricci Jack Ricci is offline

Default You're not a real ham if you never took or passed a Code test.

I blame home computers and the internet.
"Eddie Munster" wrote in message

I agree...But today's kids just don't have the aptitude or need for a
hobby that was once the only active hobby which instantly joined others
around the entire world with the same common interest on a technical level,
as well as a communications level, and a sense of accomplishment. There are
simply too many other high-tech hobbies to choose from today.

TV video games come to mind...Satellite TV and communications, cell
phones, FRS radio,XM radio, cheap long distance, DVDs, Ipods, etc., etc.,
etc., etc.

It's just another thing in this world that got "dumbed down".

I blame home computers and the internet. I'm not saying wether we are
better of worse off. That's just what I attribute it to.

John