Old July 27th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default neighborhood antenna restrictions

Bill Turner wrote:
There was an article in QST about underground antennas. It might have
been an April fool's article but it was so long ago I don't remember
for sure. I was 14 or 15 and anything seemed possible. :-)

Back in the '50's, Larsen E. Rapp got me with one of those
articles. He said we could create an "amplitude discriminator"
with "back to back limiters". That way, we could simply
discriminate by tuning out the strong signal and tuning
in the weak signal. I asked W5OLV how to build back to
back limiters. He couldn't stop laughing.
--
73, Cecil, http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp