Old September 12th 03, 12:05 AM
Ed G.

have recently bought a used FT-757GX (Original not MKII) - It works
fine, but I need to clean/tighten the mode selector.

How do I remove the front panel? Do I have to remove the VFO knob?

Have you first removed the mode selector knob and ring to see if the
switch nut is visible and accessable from the front? If it is, you should
be able to tighten it with a fine pointed needlenose pliers.

If not, I'm not sure how much you want to dig into this. You must
first remove the two screws on right side of the bottom plate, 4 screws on
the left side of the bottom plate, and the 4 screws on the bottom of the
bottom plate. I think you can, at this point, remove the bottom plate
without having to remove the top assembly. (Top assy: remove two screws
on top front, and two screws on back of radio ... I think you have to
remove the key jack nut, too).

Once you get the bottom plate off, you can see the back - bottom side
of the control panel. Unfortunately, there is a nice big PC board there
and I don't know what the situation is at this point with the mode
selector switch, but you can at least assess and proceed on your own from
there.

Ed WB6SAT