Old July 27th 06, 04:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank Dresser Frank Dresser is offline

Default Interesting article on fading distortion

wrote in message
ups.com...

Brian Denley wrote:
How can any audio filter make up for severe distortion?

--
Brian Denley

-----------------------------------
Please read the pdf at:

http://www.kongsfjord.no/dl/Audio/On...ures%20Of%20Au
dio%20Distortion%20Of%20Received%20AM%20Signals%20 Due%20To%20Fading%20II.pdf

Lots of nifty formulae and even has FFT trasform screen captures to
show his reasoing.

Terry

Am I reading the nifty formulae wrong? It looks to me like he's deriving
the distortion of a diode detector from the modulation index only. My sense
of these things says that a 50% modulated signal at a tenth of a volt is
going to have much more distortion than a 50% modulated signal at 10 volts.

Frank Dresser