Old July 28th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim - NN7K Jim - NN7K is offline

Default neighborhood antenna restrictions

Dr Shorza Gitchigoomie also wrote about Useing
"Negative Resistance" to do the Contra Polar
Energy thing. Funny, I could never get these to
work the way he described them (think was about 14
at the time)! That was CQ's premier "Engineer"!
Jim NN7K

Bill Turner wrote:

There was an article in QST about underground antennas. It might have
been an April fool's article but it was so long ago I don't remember
for sure. I was 14 or 15 and anything seemed possible. :-)

Back in the '50's, Larsen E. Rapp got me with one of those
articles. He said we could create an "amplitude discriminator"
with "back to back limiters". That way, we could simply
discriminate by tuning out the strong signal and tuning
in the weak signal. I asked W5OLV how to build back to
back limiters. He couldn't stop laughing.

I still like to think about an article in "Popular Electronics" back in
the late 50's or early 60's about "CONTRA POLAR ENERGY". This principal
worked in the exact opposite manner to regular energy: electric lamps
absorbed light, heaters froze etc. It got me for many years until
someone queried PE about it years later. The cat was let out out the
bag. To bad it was an interesting concept.

Dave N