Old July 29th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Reed Reed is offline

Default Trying to get rid of a delay

sting2602 wrote:
I just received an old radio shack pro-26 scanner from a friend at work.
my boss programmed all the frequencies into the scanner. my problem is
that evey time sometime quits talking there 3 beeps lasting about 3
seconds, which means the traffic of the responding person is always
missed. there is a delay button on the scanner and i made sure i
deactivated it on all the channels but there still is a 3 second delay.

Well, I have a Pro-26, and it has never done anything like this. Also
reviewing the manual just now, I see nothing about "3 beeps" in any
mode. If this is happening on any freq regardless of band or agency, I
suspect the radio is defective. If it is only coming from 1 agency's
channels, then it is a product of their system.

--reed