Old July 29th 06, 12:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Dave is offline

Default Antenna suggestion

Owen Duffy wrote:
On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 22:29:51 GMT, Owen Duffy wrote:

sending an experimental balloon to over 100,000 ft. I have purchased
two 900MHz RF Aerocomm ConnexLink Radios. The radios have a power of
1000 m.a., which states it will transmit and receive up to 20 miles
line of sight. I do realize that this is probably under ideal

I did mean to comment on the temperature spec for the radio. The
temperature in the troposhere can be as low at -50 to -75 deg C, will
the radio get cold enough in transit to fail (eg battery failure,
condensation etc).

Owen
--

YEP!

You have to account for loss of battery power, loss of gain in the
semiconductors, etc. Or, provide a stable thermal environment.