Old July 29th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Hans Remeeus Hans Remeeus is offline

Default Size of horizontal loop?

Dear all,

Next year we will move to another house with a yard of about 1 acre.
After 35 years of dipoles finally a horizontal loop is within reach!

My most used band is 80 meters for local and mid-European communication.
A few times a year I participate in an HF-contest, but I am not a kind
of DX'er.

I want to feed the horizontal loop with about 200 feet of 600 Ohm open
line and use the loop for multiband 160 - 10 meters with a balanced
antennatuner.

The height of the loop will be about 35 feet and I will use wooden
supports for the loop.

It am planning to make a full-size loop for 80 meters. However, on this
yard it is easy to make a loop of 4 x 100 feet instead of 4 x 70 feet.

What is your opinion about the size 400 feet instead of a full-wave for
80 meters?

Thanks!

--

73,