Old July 29th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Miller Bob Miller is offline

Default Active antennas

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:45:06 -0500, "Stephen Drummonds"
wrote:

I am considering buying a Icom r75 and would like to get an active antenna
to go with it. my question is this Are the active antennas worth the money
or should I stick with a wire antenna? Thanks for any input Steve

I have a Dymek Stoner DA100E active antenna, indoors. It works fine,
doesn't take up much space, but a full size outdoor wire antenna
provides stronger, louder reception of signals.

A big wire antenna is cheaper, the active antenna is more convenient;
take your choice.

bob
k5qwg