Old July 30th 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Ten Tec RX-350D discontinued

In article .com,
"Joe Analssandrini" wrote:

H. State wrote:
The Ten Tec RX-350D receiver has been discontinued.

This is sad. Several years ago, when I was in the market for a good
tabletop communications receiver, I investigated this model. It was
unfortunate that, though it appeared to have a great deal of promise,
Ten-tec never really followed through with support, "software"
(operating) improvements, etc. (I bought, as many of you know, an AOR
AR7030 Plus.)

To answer another message on this post, while the radio could be
controlled by computer (as can my AOR), it is, in fact, a stand-alone
(traditional) tabletop radio.

Even as it was, however, it was, at least according to virtually all
the reviews I read, a good radio and I know there are many owners who
are very happy with their 350s. This is a sad day for all SW listeners.

In my opinion, should one wish to have a modern, well-designed,
shortwave communications receiver, of which there are fewer and fewer
choices, the time to buy is now. Sacrifice what you will - lunches,
movies, cable-TV, clothes and jewelry for your wife (better have
pre-paid funeral arrangements if you go that route!), whatever - and
buy any one of these top-quality receivers (and I do NOT mean some
"used" eBay wonder!). You won't regret it.

Yeah that's to bad. This was a consumer priced DSP radio. I know they
were late with the software upgrades but I think people that bought the
radio were finally happy with it.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California