Old July 30th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Wun Hung Lo Wun Hung Lo is offline

Default Ten Tec RX-350D discontinued

Joe Analssandrini wrote:

In my opinion, should one wish to have a modern, well-designed,
shortwave communications receiver, of which there are fewer and fewer
choices,

Joe, you're right--there are fewer and fewer choices--and on that basis,
now might be the time to buy.

On the other hand, we have to ask the obvious question: WHY are there
fewer and fewer choices?

At least two obvious answers come to mind:

1)The manufacturers see fewer buyers for their products.

2) Maybe the -manufacturers- view short wave as, if not dying, at least
tapering off, with less to listen to and therefore fewer potential buyers.

If the market was there, one would think the manufacturers would be
there to satisfy the demand.

Is the hand writing on the wall?