Old July 30th 06, 07:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Shortwave Listening (SWL) : Active Antenna ? -or- Wire Antenna ?

David wrote:
On 29 Jul 2006 01:48:10 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

David wrote:
On 28 Jul 2006 13:02:14 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

SD,

For Shortwave Listening (SWL) what you would spend on an
Active Antenna; you could buy a good 'passive' Wire Antenna.
* Your Location {Region} and Weather can be a Factor in
your choice of Antennas.

- It depends on your location and what you want to listen to.
- A 50' random wire is OK for SWL but it has nulls and is
- somewhat weak for MW. A coax matcher and cable
- complicates the installation.

David - The Par Electronics EF-SWL Antenna
* That is Rigged {Set-Up} as a 15 Foot Vertical by
30 Foot Horizontal Inverted "L" {Low Noise} Antenna
with Coax Cable feed-in-line and remote Ground Rod.

This is no different than any other wire antenna with a coax matcher.

I have a random wire. A random wire with an MLB. And the MFJ-1024.

I posted my observation.

I don't appreciate your Doctor Bronner on Acid replies. They are
anarchy and they are more confusing tha helpful.

- You have issues.

David - Issues . . . That I Do !
and thank you for your expert opinion ~ RHF