Old July 30th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck Buck is offline

Default grounding question

On 29 Jul 2006 22:39:07 GMT, Ed
wrote:

It got me to thinking of putting the end of the wire in a jar, which
is what I did. The alternative was to toss it out the window, but
that wasn't viable at the time.

Think about that above statement. Do you really think that a lighting
strike capable of traveling hundreds or thousands of feet in the air is
going to be detered by a couple millimeters of glass, or a couple inches to
the opening?

Ed K7AAT

Actually, it wasn't lightning around at that time. the sparks were
static burst or something generated from lightning afar off. I was
concerned about the possibility of fire when I threw the connector
into the jar.

Buck

--
73 for now