Old September 16th 03, 01:09 PM
HankG

"Tim Shoppa" wrote in message
om...
snip

What's the most economical and reasonable way to deal with this? Will
RFC's on the power, ground, and sound lines be good enough? Those snap-
together ferrite cores from Radio Shack help a little, but not
nearly enough. In a few weeks my computer-controlled TenTec
RX-320D arrives and I want everything to be in ship-shape by then.

I own an RX-320. When I first hooked it up, I used a long wire antenna
which tended to be quite noisy. Was using an old (100mhz) computer with low
quality graphics. Built a folded dipole with (tv) coaxial input to radio.
Installed it in my roof. Everything became quiet.

I have since replaced my computer and monitor (high power, high quality
graphics, high refresh rates, etc.) and everything is still quiet. The
radio is less than 2 feet (as the mosquito flies) from the computer. I
still occasionally use the long wire to monitor the HF band edges and MW/LW
frequencies.

Information on the antenna can be found on Yahoo Rx-320 group
(groups.yahoo.com/rx320 message 2471, dated May 18, 2002.