Old July 30th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] jfeng@my-deja.com is offline

Default Handy -- and FREE -- audio recording software

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wrote:
I am looking for a computer software recorder that allows me to record live
internet streams, from radio stations for example, while unattended. I
would like to schedule it to automatically connect to the stream at given
start time, start recording, and end the recording at a given stop time.
Creating an audio file type of my choice for later listening.

I like Total Recorder from http://www.highcriteria.com . The trial
version is free, but it periodically adds a short noise burst to the
recording. The Standard Edition is not very expensive. I don't think
that it will connect automatically to an audio stream. However, once
you are connected, it will do automated timed recordings and save them
in a variety of formats.