Old July 30th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Miller Bob Miller is offline

Default end fed antenna reccomendations

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 02:23:43 GMT, "Lisa Simpson"
wrote:

Finally got my antenna mast erected today, and am now on the prowl for an
end fed shortwave antenna to attach to it, and am soliciting recommendations
please . . .

Attach a piece of wire to the center pin of a coax plug, screw the
plug onto your radio, run the wire out your window, up your mast,
across the yard, however long you want it to be.

That's a description of my 20 meter end fed wire (okay, it goes
through a tuner, but if you're not transmitting, there's no need to
use one).

You might be surprised how **little** house noise you pick up, running
a wire directly into the window, sans coax.

bob
k5qwg