Old July 31st 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Miller Bob Miller is offline

Default Miniccradio Up In Smoke

On 29 Jul 2006 15:56:18 -0700, "Joe Analssandrini"
wrote:

In addition, I think a newly designed "long-range" AM radio should
definitely feature a good synchronous detection circuit. I realize that
there are some few people who say they do not care for this circuit
(frankly, it is my belief that they do not know how to properly use it
or have not experienced a good one) but, even if that is the case, the
circuit can always be turned off.

A sync detector for ground wave AM below 1700 khz ??

bob
k5qwg

$150.00 is a lot of money for a radio which features no new design
features. So, unless C. Crane rethinks this entire project (and obtains
the services of a good radio designer), it is my opinion that this
discontinuance is no loss whatsoever. After all, we have the Sony
ICF-SW7600GR in the $150.00 range and the GE Superadio III in the
$40.00 range and these two radios (and, of course, there are some
others) should easily suit the vast majority of long-distance AM
listeners who do not or cannot buy a true communications receiver or
who (just) want a portable radio for MW DXing.

I must also say, in conclusion, that, in my opinion, the original
CCRadio and (I should presume) the CCRadio Plus (I have no experience
with that model but I understand overall performance is the same) are
disappointments. Not only do they not receive any better than the GE
Superadios (they often receive less well!) their construction quality
leaves much to be desired. They are not even as well-made as the GE SRs
and though that model is not the paragon of construction quality, it
costs only $40.00 not $150.00!

I have both CC radios, and the SuperRadio, too -- the CCs may not
receive much better, but they have a lot more features and 2 more
bands. They ain't $40 radios, tho' I think the SuperRadio is a bargain
at its price.

As always, the above is my opinion only.

Best,

Joe

Kim wrote:
After months of promotion- no longer for sale?

http://miniccradio.com/