Old July 31st 06, 08:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap
[email protected] Bill.K9KZ@gmail.com is offline

Default FS: Drake R8

David wrote:
On 29 Jul 2006 13:35:16 -0700, wrote:

Have a beautiful Drake R8 with new top panel, new bottom panel with
metal bail, brand new R8E front panel never installed, manual and box,
works perfect, $525 + shipping, US Postal money order only.

Bill K9KZ

Carmel, IN
PH 317-846-0016

Why do you have extra pieces?

I bought it from a fellow who described it as "in like new" condition.
The top was only fair. I added the bottom with the metal bail because
it's SOOOO much better. The front was touched up with magic marker and
had some scratches. So I got the top and bottom from Drake. I got the
R8E front panel on Ebay. I wanted it to be as close to new as I could
get it. The old guy I got it from said he has eye problems : ) He did
reimburse me $50.