Old September 18th 03, 04:46 AM
Bob Miller

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:22:47 GMT, wrote:

Hello all,

My girlfriend's father was a correspondent for the Voice of America for many
years, and before he died a few years ago he gave her a Westinghouse Model
RF43W070 portable radio that he had taken with him on his assignments to
Africa and Asia. The radio is in pretty much like-new condition, with the
exception that the AC adaptor has been lost. There is a jack for a "9V
adaptor" on one side, but I have no other details about the sort of adaptor
this would need. She would like to listen to the radio more, perhaps more
for old-times sake than any other reason, but she would prefer not to have
to run it off batteries all the time.

Does anyone know where I can find an AC adaptor that will work with this
radio? I'd love to surprise her with one if possible. Any information would
be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

--Larry

The easiest thing would be to go to the hardware store or Radio Shack,
and get one of their universal AC wall transformers that provides
multiple voltages, multiple-size plugs, as well as a switch to go from
positive to negative polarity. Try out the various plugs and voltages
-- or just go to 9V -- and try the polarity switch both ways. The
radio should power right up. These multi-voltage transformers run
about $10-$15.

Bob
k5qwg