Old September 17th 03, 07:53 PM
David L Thompson

Default FT 920 modulation problems

I ran the FT 920 on 6 meters in the Sept VHF Party and was told by a local
that my audio was tinny and thin. I had the menu U-51 set to high to match
the HC-4 element in the BM-10 Heil boom mic set. I then tried another Heil
(pro Micro) with HC-4 element and a telex Contester Boom mic set. The Pro
Micro was some what better, the Telex (same response as the HC-5) sounded
like a stock Yaesu mic (very bland). I then went thru the U-51 setting and
found that 3 (high and low emphasis) worked best with both Heil mics.

Is there any other menu items (maybe hidden ones) that I can adjust? Both
Heil mics work great on the other Yaesu gear (980, 990, 1000MP).

73 Dave K4JRB

Also posted to the Yaesu reflector