Old July 31st 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo David Eduardo is offline

Default iBiquity's Financial Mayhem !

"Gridleakkbe3" wrote in message
groups.com...

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
.com...

"Gridleakkbe3" wrote in message
groups.com...

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
. com...

iBiquity is well financed, and radio has invested over $200 million

just
in
hardware already.

It will never catch on. There are about 200 million car radios
out there who can't rx the digital signal and you would be hard
pressed to find 1000 people who would toss their car radios
just to be able to get the IB signal. Just like Siruis and XM
this to is destined for the scrap heap in a Year's or 2's time at best.

First, less than a third of radio listening is done in the car. Second,

new
cars are sold every year, and there are aftermarket radios and add-ons

that
will eventually contribute to the penetration of HD, especially since the
HD2 channels are free and can only be had with an HD radio.

....sure! (keep dreaming) The HD upgrade for my Subaru at the dealer
was $800. How many people do you know would put down that kind
of cabbage to get a radio upgrade - apart from dumbass ham radio
operators of course..?

I am surprised they offered it. The real rollout of HD is just starting
today! Of course, the XM for my car was offered at more than that, plus $150
a year.