Old August 1st 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Microstrip dimension

Scott wrote:

Question: Does anybody know how to calculate the width of a 50 Ohm
microstrip line on Arlon PTFE circuit board (Type GX-0065-45-11). It is
0.0065" thick, double sided and has a k=2.45. Looking at my chart, it
looks like I leave the bottom as complete copper groundplane and take
off all copper around stripline on the top side of the board and leave
the stripline as 0.0195" wide? That doesn't sound very wide!!

Scott
N0EDV

..0065 is paper thin, possibly less.

1/16 inch is 0.063 -- did you slip a digit?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posting from Google? See http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/