Old August 1st 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mike Mike is offline

Default Worth buying new receiver???

In article ,
Doug Brandon wrote:

What do you all think? Is it worth buying new equipment or is the hobby
dying?

You can't imagine how many radios I have here. I've never really
stopped buying them. My latest addition: a Grundig Satellit 2100. I
wanted one badly when they were new (1977ish) but couldn't afford it at
the time.

I've got dozens of others, ranging from 1930's floor standing tube
antiques to large portables (the 2100, Satellit 650, 700 and 800) to
small digital portables (Degen 1102, Grundig YB 400).

The hobby is unquestionably "dying", but there's still plenty to listen
to. Do an eBay search on "Shortwave radio" and take your pick.

Mike