Old August 1st 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
mike maghakian mike maghakian is offline

Default Worth buying new receiver???

you can buy some nice receivers for less than $200, I think that is worth
doing....

"Doug Brandon" wrote in message
I was heavily into shortwave back in the late 70s and up through the early
90s. While looking around on the internet, I came across some pages
dealing with shortwave. This resparked an interest.

Back in the day I used an old Hammarlund HQ100 along with numerous digital
portables. I am thinking about getting back into it again. My question
is this: With most stations streaming on the Web is it really that long
before there's not much to listen to on SW? From what I've read, most
stations have either left SW or cut their schedules way back.

What do you all think? Is it worth buying new equipment or is the hobby
dying?