Old August 1st 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] miso@sushi.com is offline

Default Another Dallas Lankford article on synch detectors

I think the gent has a solution that is looking for a problem.

Brian Denley wrote:
If he's so mystified at the performance of various sync detectors than
perhaps his simulated testing is the problem. Even double sided sync
detectors that I have used greatly reduce distortion during fades (as they
should), including the older SW8, the R8 and R8A. Better 'selectable
sideband' sync detectors such as the NRD-535D, the newer SW8 and R8B, and
the RX-350 sigficantly reduce distortion AND help with adjacent channel
inteference. I am equally mistified as to why he can't hear the difference.
Every time I fire up the R-388 or the Hammarlund, I immediately notice the
distortion during fading because I usually don't have to put up with it.

--
Brian Denley

wrote in message
ups.com...
To add more fuel ot the fi
http://www.kongsfjord.no/dl/Audio/AM%20Synchronous%20Detector%20Experiences.pdf

The date on this addition is July 19, and either it was just placed in
the archive, or I just noticd it. At least it gives us something to
think about.

Terry