Old August 1st 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
laura halliday laura halliday is offline

Default Microstrip dimension

Scott wrote:
The reason I bought it was that there was a whole bunch of it available
at the Central States VHF Society conference this past weekend. They
did have some slightly thicker stuff and maybe I should've bought some
of that as well. Oh well, I'm stuck with this, so I'll have to try to
use it...it's for a homebrew 902 beacon using a few MAR-4 devices. I
will have to measure the lead width on these devices, but they might
just be about the same as my calculated stripline width of 0.0195".
This would be a good thing, but I agree, it may be a bit challenging to
make a strip that narrow on the board (a magnifying lens and a very
sharp scalpel!)....

I know you already have the material, but for such a
low frequency and non-critical application I'd use plain
old 1/16" G-10 pc board. YMMV.

Mini-Circuits have an excellent on-line catalogue
(http://www.minicircuits.com), and the lead width
of a MAR-4 is indeed .02 inches. This seems small,
but I'm at work and all my MMICs are at home... :-)

Laura Halliday VE7LDH "That's a totally illegal,
Grid: CN89mg madcap scheme. I like it!"
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W - H. Pearce