Old August 1st 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
mcnowinski mcnowinski is offline

Default Tuning SSB on Kaito/Degen 1103

Help!

I cannot seem to properly tune SSB on my 1103 (it is a Degen from
China). I have the sparse manual that comes with it, but following its
instructions (tune to channel in AM, then hit SSB button and use the
Fine Tuning knob) does not accomplish much. In fact, when I turn on
SSB, there is very little coming out of the receiver at all (no noise,
no signal, no nothing). I know that I must be missing something simple.

I have been listening in the 80/75-meter band (3500 to 4000 kHz) and I
can tune in some "Donald Duck"-like voices, but switching to SSB and
fiddling with the Fine Tuning knob seems useless.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

matt