Old August 2nd 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II m II is offline

Default most impressive looking shortwave portable

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/u174lrg.jpgmike maghakian wrote:
I was listening in the backyard to my modified Panasonic RF-2800 this
evening and thinking how impressive the 2800/2900 looks (as I usually think
when I look at them) and was wondering what other people think is the most
impressive portable they have ever seen or used?????????
Is there a set more impressive looking ??? I can't think of one but want to
hear from everyone with a REAL opinion.....

That's a tough one..some random thoughts follow while I try to think of
a REALLY good looking set.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/1036.html

A few of those McKay Dymek sets were neat.
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/u174lrg.jpg

http://www.tuberadioland.com/

The HRO 500 is a perennial favourite.
http://snipurl.com/u8wf