Old August 3rd 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David David is offline

Default Any shortwaves with remote control?

On 2 Aug 2006 22:03:59 -0700, wrote:

David wrote:
On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:03:42 -0500,
wrote:

I like to listen to my current clock radio when I get
in bed at night and going to sleep.

I hit the sleep timer button and turn lights off an
listen until I'm asleep

Does anyone make a good SW radio that has a sleep timer
in it but also has say a infrared remote control as
well so I can change "freqs" while in bed?

AOR-7030

It also has a timer. As the manual says, it makes an expensive clock
radio.

Note that the AR7030 has two IR sensors on it. To operate mine
outdoors, I had to put electrical tape over the one on the back. I
discovered this problem in the field when the radio controls would not
react properly.

IR sensors have trouble with the Sun (and fluorescents).