Old August 3rd 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mike Mike is offline

Default Any recommendations for a sw radio with good sound for outside use?

In article ,
"Jim Hackett" wrote:

"best sound quality of ANY shortwave receiver"?????

any that YOU'VE heard.

I can think of a few PORTABLE radios that I have that sound much better than
the Sat 800.
Panasonic RF1150, RF5000, RF3000, RF1600 to name a few. Maybe we define
sound quality different. I am referring to amount of available bass and
treble at the stock speaker...

Not to mention the Grundig Satellit 650. Only an average performer on
SW, but has *great* sound. Not exactly a "portable", but it does have
a handle!

The 800 sounds OK - not great - but is an otherwise outstanding
performer on SW. It's only a dinky 4 inch speaker in that huge ass box.

I have both of the above radios - among many others - so I speak from
experience.

Mike