Old August 4th 06, 01:37 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default ARS License Numbers

"J. D. B." wrote in
:

No, it's what happens when give people tests that are irrelevant to the
state of the service and the world today. It's what happens when old
timers keep the impression alive that ham radio is about code, tubes and
other worthless old "technologies". It's what happens when we try to
gate people out by making them pass the same worthless crap we had to
pass because, "well I had to do it so they should have to do it"
mentality.

We already have a bunch of "retards" on HF and have for the thirty plus
years that I can remember. Testing didn't keep the low-lifes out then,
and it is not going to do it now.

Learn to face reality. The old tests are what has brought on the
problems - especially the worthless code tests.

It's not about "dumbing down" the testing. It's about the need to
modernize the testing, and our hanging onto the old and outdated for far
too long, that has caused the problems we face today.

Having to learn CW isn't preventing you from modernizing, You're just
lazy. Now go play with your model cho-cho trains.

SC