Old August 3rd 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Chuck - K1KW Chuck - K1KW is offline

Default Mass Ham Radio license plate fees?

Unfortunately it is true. I have a plate here and it has to be renewed each
year. It is still cheaper than a regular vanity plate, but not by much.

Hand over your hard earned dollars to fat ted kennedy!! Vote him out next
chance you get!

Chuck...K1KW

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
I am an amateur operator, and when I lived in Illinois and Georgia, I
was able to get call-sign plates at a discount, since the state
recognized the valuable service provided by ham operators.

Now I live in Tax^H^H^HMassachusetts, and was looking at the RMV
website. It looks to me that the renewall fee for ham plates if $43
instead of $41, and it is due *every year* instead of every 2 years for
regular plates.

Could some ham in MA who has callsign plates confirm this for me? It
sounds a little extreme, even for MA...

Here's the web site:
http://www.mass.gov/rmv/fees/registration/index.htm

Thanks - Steven