Old August 6th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Harbin Osteen Harbin Osteen is offline

Default Any info on this type of mobile antenna?

"Richard Clark" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 17:47:31 -0700, "Harbin Osteen"
wrote:

Nope, not a reflector. I have seen these on several types
of German armor, and it seems that this is the way it is used.
I'm trying to understand how this type of antenna works, and
if it would scale down to VHF. It is mostly seen on German
armored scout cars, such as the link below.:

Hi Harbin,

On closer research, it is a loop antenna suited for MF to low HF (as
high as 40M).

This is from an interesting article in how the US Army has discovered
it needs HF comm gear to do the job satellites and VHF repeaters were
suppose to do:
http://www.gordon.army.mil/AC/Winter...001/HFIBCT.htm

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Hi Richard:
I happened to trip across this website also, and it is just what I was
looking for.
Thanks for the response Richard.

--

SeeYaa Harbin Osteen KG6URO

!sdohtem noitpyrcne devorppa-tnemnrevog troppus I
-