Old August 7th 06, 07:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
R. Scott R. Scott is offline

Default Legality of modifying a ham radio to transmit on commercial frequencies

"Alex" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I'm new to amateur radio, and there's a debate amoung some of my
friends on whether it's legal to modify a ham radio to transmit on
commercial and CB frequencies. I thought any radio that does transmit

In a word NO ... They would not be Type accepted for those frequencies.

We however CAN modify commercial equipment to run on Amateur Radio
Frequencies as
long as they conform to requirements.

Scotty W7PSK