Old July 18th 03, 06:12 PM
Richard Clark

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 03:35:04 GMT, Raphael Clancy
wrote:

I just realized, all the hardware I need for direct saoling is already
built into the PC I'll be using... the sound card has a microphone in,
with a good amp, and A/D converter. though, I think I might install an
isolation transformer, or at least a couple of diodes, to keep the
machine from getting zapped right away.

R.

Hi Raphael,

You stand more chance of measuring the noise of the computer. The
problem with dipoles is they are not shielded from earth (and some
dishes suffer equally - by degree). Try it first with Jupiter, a
known and stable source, which should give you some basis for your
further experimentation.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC