Old August 8th 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck Buck is offline

Default HELP!! More Antenna Noise

On 7 Aug 2006 13:52:16 -0700, wrote:

Could I build something like this to filter the noise being picked up
by my antenna? Any ideas? Circuit diagrams?

Thanks!!

Tim

A SHOT IN THE DARK!!!

This doesn't answer your question, but another.... What might be
causing the noise?

I had a couple of different 2 meter whip antennas with a base load for
the ht. One developed a problem with a bad solder joint which created
a diode effect, which acted like a receiver. It messed up my receive
something terrible. It never happened with the other antennas, but
they were built similarly. The rubber duck doesn't have the tuning
capacitor etc to match it as the whips did.

I think my antennas worked opposite yours. I had the 5/8 go bad and
the rubber duck work fine.

Other 1/2 wave and an unknown length whip work well without a problem.
The 1/2 wave and 5/8 wave whips both had tuning circuits in them.

Good luck
Buck
n4pgw

--