Old August 8th 06, 12:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S. John S. is offline

Default What frequency can I listen to amateur radio?

DJ wrote:
What frequency can I listen to amateur radio?

1.8 to 2.0 mhz lsb in the evenings. Somewhat active.

3.7 to 4.0 mhz lsb in the evening. Very active during the evenings.

7.0 to 7.4mhz lsb during the day and evening. Very active during the
mornings and day.

14.1 to 14.4 mhz usb during the day and evening. Very active.

21.0 to 21.4 mhz usb days. Not as active, but hams from around the
world can be caught here.

There are other bands but they are much less frequently used.

You will hear hams identify themselves by call sign...a combination of
letters and numbers. The first one or two letters will identify the
country the ham is licensed in. This table will help sorting out where
those singals are originating.

http://www.icomamerica.com/downloads/bandchar.pdf

http://www.icomamerica.com/downloads/bandchar.pdf