Old August 8th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

John - KD5YI wrote:

Hey, Roy -

My 3 mW answer was for 30 meters. I think that ratios correctly to your
30 microwatts at 3 meters. Yes?

Yep, that's right. And I finally got curious enough to look up the
actual regulation. According to section 15.225(a), intentional radiators
at 13.553-13.567 MHz are allowed 15,848 uV/m at 30 meters, which is
about 4.75 mW to an isotropic antenna in free space. There's also a
0.01% frequency stability requirement which would imply crystal control.
And any emissions extending outside the band have to be about 54 dB
lower, 30 uV/m at 30 m.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL