Old August 9th 06, 01:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck Buck is offline

Default 2 Mtr Beam Question

On 9 Aug 2006 05:38:48 -0700, "N3" wrote:

I'm trying to tune a 2 mtr, 3 element beam that has a gamma match.
After connecting the coax to the driven element & adjusting the
matching unit, where should the coax exit in relation to the boom & the
elements? Should it travel along the boom or drop straight down next to
the driven
element? Any assistance concerning the above would be most appreciated.
Thank You.

I have always run mine below the boom to the mast and then down the
mast, into a drip loop and below the rotor, making sure there is
enough room to turn the rotor without stretching the coax out of the
drip loop.

Buck
N4PGW

--