Old September 26th 03, 10:49 PM
Beej Jorgensen

In article k.net,
Dan/W4NTI w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote:
Well, hopefully, they can still read their own rules and regulations there
at the FCC. You see we are the authorized legal service.

THEY are the law. If they decide the public need for this kind of
broadband internet access outweighs the need of a few hams to
chit-chat...well...

Politics is quite an interesting thing. What's Right isn't always
clear-cut, and doesn't always go, even if it is.

We're probably talking about a majority of lawmakers who neither
understand radio nor the internet. They're likely to see, "guy with
freaky-ass radio equipment is stopping hundreds of my voters from
getting internet access, and this should be illegal." Or, worse, "Guy
who is giving me no money is interfering with organization that is
laying on the dough."

A united voice speaks better to the government, which is why ARRL is
asking for backing.

-Beej