Old August 9th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
Dale Parfitt Dale Parfitt is offline

Default STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

wrote in message
oups.com...

Slow Code wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote in
:

So if N9OGL's transmitions are legal power wise, he would basically be
broadcasting for the kids across the street. Maybe he could take song
requests. They can just shout out their front doors what songs they want
him to play.

SC

Not true.
I have an AM "beacon" running some test groups smack dab
in the middle of the HiFer/ISM 22M allocation. At maximum power
I am at the legal limit. Most of my tests are -20dB from that level and
have copied my "becaon" from over 100 miles away twice. I was -6dB
down from max, and was rather shocked. Don't rule out the odd fluke
path.

If you ever hear a YL reading a set of word pairs each followed by
a ID nubmber in cut morse, that is my odd little station.

I normally keep the power -63dB down from max legal, and only boast
it while actually conducting tests.

Terry in central KY

Give me the exact frequency Terry.

Dale W4OP