Old September 27th 03, 01:44 AM
Frank Dresser

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message
.com...

Well interference caused by hams will be small potatoes compared to the
power that some of the commercial broadcasters are allowed to use. That
will compromise BPL over a much larger area than any ham station ever

could.
If BPL ever comes to my area, I'm within a few hundred yards of some of
these broadcasters so the BPL users will never even notice my signal since
they'll be constantly torn up by the commercial stuff.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

I expect the BPLers would trap the broadcast frequencies. If the
interference from established broadcasters is still too high, they simply
won't offer service in that neighborhood.

But I don't think RF is the biggest problem for BPL. Overhead power lines
will only intercept a small percentage of the RF, and re-radiate at least
half of that. I think noise sources plugged directly into the power line
are going to cause far more problems.

Frank Dresser