Old July 18th 03, 07:29 PM
Roy Lewallen

You can do about it what you like. What I've chosen to do about it is to
try and educate the people who will listen, and ignore those who won't.
I find the concepts perfectly understandable without the need for
additional adjectives.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

W5DXP wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

What needs to be thrown away is the belief that all impedances are the
ratio of a voltage to a current, along with the notion that only
resistors can have resistance.

I agree, Roy, but what can we do about it? I had been using "virtual
impedance" to differentiate a voltage to current ratio from an intrinsic
physical impedance. How would you differentiate an intrinsic physical
impedance from a voltage to current ratio?
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP